BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
aalshikh
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

In my company we are currently recovering the file import logs in SAS Studio. Thanks to this file :

aalshikh_0-1681392516357.png

Here is an example of an log import file:

aalshikh_5-1681392832202.png

However, we notice that the SASStudioMidTier3.81.log file generates a large amount of logs and that since we generate all these logs we notice a huge slowness to access the SAS Studio services:

aalshikh_2-1681392593645.png

aalshikh_3-1681392614901.png

Indeed we access the session after 20 minutes, sometimes we have to restart the session.

Moreover when we access the session it is very slow and therefore not usable.

Is there a way to correct this? A way to choose which logs are generated in the file? Or another file where to find the import logs?

For example we have the logs of file download in the files localhost_access_log*, being with the paths C:\SAS\ModelMgr\Lev1\Web\WebAppServer\SASServer1_1\logs\localhost_access_log*

Is it possible to generate file import logs in these localhost_access_log* files?

Thanks by advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
The category in your screenshot message is org.springframework.web.multipart.commons.CommonsMultiPartResolver
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
It looks like you have set the root logger to the debug level and the com.sas.workflow logger to the INFO level. I suspect you'd want to only set to debug the logger that writes out the information you want.
--
aalshikh
Calcite | Level 5

but how do I know if the file import logs are in :

<category additivity="false" name="com.sas.workflow">
<priority value="INFO"/>
<appender-ref ref="SAS_CONSOLE"/>
<appender-ref ref="SAS_FILE"/>
</category>

or 

<root>
<priority value="DEBUG"/>
<appender-ref ref="SAS_CONSOLE"/>
<appender-ref ref="SAS_FILE"/>
</root>

Sorry I'm really new to sas and I also have trouble understanding how these log files are built
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

What is it that you are trying to do?

It sounds like you are perhaps trying to track whether users have been using the SAS/Studio interface to upload files?  Is that correct?

Is there some reason why you need to track that?  For example if the users are using SAS/Studio processes running under their own accounts ANY file they saved on to the server were SAS runs should be owned to their account already.  Why does it matter whether it was uploaded or created by running a SAS program?

aalshikh
Calcite | Level 5

I want to know when a user imports a file.

I already get the logs of the downloaded files in the file C:\SAS\ModelMgr\Lev1\WebAppServer\SASServer1\logs\localhost_access_log*

The only thing missing is the logs concerning the imported files.

This tracking is imposed by my company to respect the GxP rules.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
This is a log4j file so this isn't specific to SAS. From your screen shot I assume the line you are interested in is the DEBUG one. As the com.sas.workflow category is set to INFO (which would not include DEBUG level messages) it would not be in com.sas.workflow. The log line should include the category that is writing the message, but your screen shot does not. You'd want to determine from that log line which category is writing the message and then add a new category section setting that to debug, and change the root one back to WARN.
--
aalshikh
Calcite | Level 5

When you say "The log line should include the category that is writing the message, but your screen shot does not" what do you mean ?

The entire log is like this :

aalshikh_0-1681484460402.png

If DEBUG is the level of the log, what call you the category ?

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
The category in your screenshot message is org.springframework.web.multipart.commons.CommonsMultiPartResolver
--
aalshikh
Calcite | Level 5

It's work !

Thank you very much for all yours explanations 🙂

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation