BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dgower
Obsidian | Level 7

We are using a 5 node grid environment with LSF 7.06, SAS 9.4, and Studio 3.5.  We have 1 non-clustered middle tier server with ~100 users signed in at any given time.  All servers are Windows.  We use host authentication with Kerberos and users authenticate against one of our AD domains.  Since the beginning of this implementation, it takes us 1.5 - 3 minutes from clicking sign to getting into Studio.  I'm wondering if anyone else has a similar experience with really long login times?  We already installed a LSF patch that allows for the LSB_JUSAGE_UPDATE=N setting in our lsf.config file where we sacrifice job-level metrics for shorter login times, but that difference was marginal.  Any thoughts are appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
grace_sas
SAS Employee

dgower and I discussed this issue offline and I recommended opening a track.  Our Grid support team has settings they can check/set to improve performance time if anyone else is experiencing this.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dgower
Obsidian | Level 7

Not until now.  Thanks for that.  Although it offers no solutions and is mostly others' experiences with long login times.  I will plan to tweak the mbd and sbd sleep settings to see if that helps.

grace_sas
SAS Employee

dgower and I discussed this issue offline and I recommended opening a track.  Our Grid support team has settings they can check/set to improve performance time if anyone else is experiencing this.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation