BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
syedhisam
Obsidian | Level 7

Per SAS Viya 3.4 Deployment guide per-requisite xmotif package is required for Linux Distributions.

However xmotif is not supported in RHEL 7.5, they have openmotif as equivalent. Can I install openmotif in place of xmotif will this impact SAS Viya 3.4 deployment your valuable feedback is highly appreciated.

Thank You !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@syedhisam,

You should be able to install and use SAS Viya without XMotif. I will ask the publications department to update the documentation as soon as I get the final confirmation.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SimonDawson
SAS Employee

Something to bring up with SAS Technical Support to dig into to get a definitive answer and perhaps prompt a documentation amendment.

In my own installations of the SAS software I typically start with a fairly lean RHEL base then I install the xorg-x11-xauth package, this brings with it a bunch dependencies. On top of that I add libXtst, libXp, libXrender and libjpeg-turbo. With those packages deployed I can use all the GUI applications I need to use.

EDIT: I should add that I add all the other mentioned in the documentation also (numactl, libpng, etc.)

syedhisam
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Simon. I have submitted Tracking number 7612624054 Let's see their feedback. However I find communities turn around time better than TS. Also there is no hotline number or chat service in this region to get in touch with TS. 

I will keep this thread updated once I have their advice.

Thank You

alexal
SAS Employee

@syedhisam,

So far I see that only access clients libraries shown below are looking for libXm.so.3 library from a Motif distribution. I'm not sure that this library is available on RHEL 7 at all. I will update you as soon as I find the answer.

/opt/sas/viya/home/lib64/accessclients/lib/libS0mback.so
/opt/sas/viya/home/lib64/accessclients/lib/libS0mbackw.so
/opt/sas/spre/home/lib64/accessclients/lib/libS0mback.so
/opt/sas/spre/home/lib64/accessclients/lib/libS0mbackw.so
/opt/sas/spre/home/lib64/accessclients/lib/vscnctdlg.so
/opt/sas/spre/home/lib64/accessclients/lib/S0gplm27r.so
/opt/sas/spre/home/lib64/accessclients/lib/S0msss27r.so
/opt/sas/spre/home/lib64/accessclients/lib/S0msssdlg27.so
/opt/sas/spre/home/lib64/accessclients/lib/S0rsft27r.so

SimonDawson
SAS Employee

I have submitted Tracking number 7612624054

@syedhisam that specific track appears to be dealing with hardware requirements. Not to worry though @alexal has got you covered and is doing some investigation to see where this Xmotfif requirement comes from.

syedhisam
Obsidian | Level 7

My bad the track# is 7612627188. Thanks for your inputs.

Opening a Track was useless as the update I have from TS is community posts "copy & paste".

alexal
SAS Employee

@syedhisam,

You should be able to install and use SAS Viya without XMotif. I will ask the publications department to update the documentation as soon as I get the final confirmation.

syedhisam
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks much @alexal without you guys it would been night mare chasing Tech Support for updates.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation