BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Slash
Quartz | Level 8

Hi ,guys.

I was deploying EM on Windows Server with standard plan "Enterprise Miner, one machine, JBoss". There is no error or warning in the whole installation and configuration.

When finished, Open the Enterprise Miner Mid-Tier Status URL:"http://bmjs_fs_sas01:8080/SASEnterpriseMinerJWS/Status" successfully. Then click the Start, start EM Client, input sasdemo user and password, and cannot log. It said "The Environment URL is invalid".

And I type the Environment URL "http://bmjs_fs_sas01:8080/SASLogon/sas-environment.xml" in the browser, an error occurred.

HTTP Status 500-

type: Exception report

description: The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request. exception:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to retrieve a theme object given this cascade of names available. Please verify your configuration;

The detail message is in the pic below.

What's then possible reason?

DSC_0334.JPG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Have a look at SAS Installation Note 36547: A host name that includes an underscore or other unreserved characters .... I can see the URL that you posted has underscores in the host name and so I imagine this way be the cause. According to the RFCs underscores shouldn't be used in host names.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Have a look at SAS Installation Note 36547: A host name that includes an underscore or other unreserved characters .... I can see the URL that you posted has underscores in the host name and so I imagine this way be the cause. According to the RFCs underscores shouldn't be used in host names.

Slash
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks, It seems that's the reason. Let me test it.
Thanks again.

Slash
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks, that's the reason. I thought it's the JBoss, so I've tried different version for a long time. I should ask you guys early.
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

No problem. It reminded me of a short blog post I wrote about it back in 2010.

It's good to hear you were able to resolve the issue. Thanks for taking the time to mark it solved too.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation