BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

SAS 9.4M7 on 4 Windows Server 2019 platforms (metadata, compute, mid-tier, LASR)

I was doing a bit of tidying up of metadata folders, specifically removing the user folders of people who no longer have access. I found a couple of Visual Data Queries for one such user but I am unable to delete them. I'm using the sasadm@saspw account and have ensured that metadata permissions are set on them and their containing folder to allow me to do this. But I'm getting an error message:

Nigel_Pain_0-1709893809246.png

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
Can you verify if the solution provided in note https://support.sas.com/kb/57/237.html also solves the issue in your case?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
Can you verify if the solution provided in note https://support.sas.com/kb/57/237.html also solves the issue in your case?
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks, that did the trick. I wondered if there was a way to do it programmatically but I haven't delved  much into changing metadata that way.

Resa
Pyrite | Level 9

Coincidentally we encountered the same issue as the OP on the same day, so we as well have tried the proposed solution.

The only thing that we have noticed that it took us up to three tries to delete all objects.

In other words, during the first try we got an rc of -3 on some of the objects and on most of the objects an rc of 0.
During the second try we had an rc of 0 on the remaining objects but one. The third try removed the final one.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
An rc of -3 from metadata_delobj means it couldn't find the supplied ID. My guess would be that was an issue of the order of the metadata_resolve and metadata_delobj functions if it was modified to run for multiple objects.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation