BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Arsi
Fluorite | Level 6
We successfully Finished with SAS VA basic automated installation at in our premises, however under post installation steps for SAS Deployment Tester server, one of the Test suite failed (Platform Local services tests).
We stopped right there. Is it advisable to proceed? Or how can we solve this issue.
2 REPLIES 2
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Arsi,

normally it is "safe" to proceed if only this one fails. Meaning, deployment tester is exactly that, a tester unit. Not the operational.

I always recommend to run with as less errors as possible. And in some flavours of organizations, errors are not very well seen, at all, not allowed.

If you go for solving the problem, I would check the logs in depth. Did you configured JUnit in the process, and on the right version?

Arsi
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @JuanS_OCS

Thank you for responding.

I had configured JUnit with the correct version in the process. Had raised the same issue on SAS Technical support. They advised to rerun the deployment tester services again in the mentioned sequence during the Post-Installation steps with the correct user login credentials.

Did the same and all the test suites passed without any errors, proceeded and finished the entire installation.

Thanks for your help and inputs.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation