BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Helannivas
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Today there was a strange issue in my Platform Process manager.

I tried to execute the job and the job got failed in the environment i.e. in Platform Process Manger.

When I'm checking the logs, there were no errors in the log and even the data has been loaded into destination as expected.

What could be a potential reason for showing exit in Platform Process manager.Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Helannivas,

first, I wonder if you have the option ERRORABEND enabled. Such option enables the SAS code to continue, even if it finds errors in a specific data step or procedure.

Second, I would check the log generated by your SAS code for that SAS job, including the log and lst files and the log from the Process Manager, say, lsb.events and such. Or the history of your job. What is the exit code for that job? That would give us more information.

CHandberg
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @Helannivas

I think you should look at the sasbatch.bat -file

Eg. :"E:\SAS\Config\Lev1\SasApp\BatchServer\sasbatch.bat"

As default it returns RC=1 if there is warnings in the sas-program. This will PPM interpret as an error.

To make it accept warnings and return 0, you should remove the REM statements in the last 4 lines of the sasbatch.bat-file

set rc=%ERRORLEVEL%
if %rc%==1 goto makenormalexit
exit /b %rc%
:makenormalexit
exit /b 0

You should consider the arguments in this discussion:

SAS-Scheduler-ID-running-X-CMD

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

And if it's a WARNING, then clean up your code so that you don't get the WARNING on a proper run. WARNINGs are there for a purpose and should not be globally ignored.

CHandberg
Obsidian | Level 7
Unfortunately SAS DI sometimes generate code that make Warnings you can't do anything about.
So to make your flow complete you have to do the "workaround".

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation