BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASJR1
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

Please anyone has ever got this issue on SAS9.4  my web app server SASServer12_1 suddenly shut down.

sas is running on linux machine.

Astro597_0-1650536244259.png

When I restart the server it stays for about 15 min online then after that it goes offline - it was stable for months now I'm experiencing this issue.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

In one of the many log files sas should write something enlightening, so check the logs directory. The exact location depends on the configuration, maybe there is a directory names "logs" inside of LevX/Web/WebAppServer/SASServer12_1.

SASJR1
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Andreas,

yes there is that directory these are the log files inside - should I read and analyze each one of them or the is a specific one for the wep app server ?

Astro597_0-1650540886081.png

for server.logs please see below:

Astro597_1-1650541587149.png

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Well, this is beyond my knowledge, contacting tech support is recommended.

SASJR1
Obsidian | Level 7

Alright Thanks a lot.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@SASJR1 Definitely something for SAS TechSupport. I found this SAS Note https://support.sas.com/kb/63/194.html but given that things worked for you for many months this might not be the cause.

Question is: What has changed in your environment.

When contacting SAS Tech Support: Be very precise about your environment as this will avoid some back-and-forth emails (like SAS version and OS - you can get some of the details running proc setinit). Also if you do know if something changed in your env then let SAS TechSupport know.

I would assume SAS TechSupport will also need the server log. I suggest you delete/rename the server log while the server is down and then send them the log that has been created by a single restart/"automatic" shut-down - and if you can turn on debug mode during this cycle.

I also found somewhere that the Error message you've shared could be "normal" during server shutdown so eventually search for the very first Error or Warning in your log. Who knows, may-be it's just a new virus scanner rule that kills the server process.... May-be worth to look into /var/log/messages

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
These errors are a normal part of a web application server stopping. Whatever caused the stoppage will probably be either earlier in server.log or catalina.out for the web application server. I agree that a technical support track is probably the best path forward to help you interpret the logs.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation