BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SAS_AMUH
Obsidian | Level 7

I would like to free up space to display data, outputs and log in SAS original screen, and do the programming and submit it from a separate screen.   I have followed the following website for setting up Notepad++. 

https://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2017/08/25/npp-with-sas/

I am not really good with setting up a computer and this may be a super basic question, but I would like some help, please.

I followed 2nd step in which I need to enter command.

I have copy&pasted exact command. I checked that the SAS.EXE path is the same. 

I wonder if I need to change other things in this command. 

"C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\sas.exe" -sysin "$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)" -log "$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)\$(NAME_PART).log" -print "$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)\$(NAME_PART).lst"

Do I need to change the words in brackets?

If there are any other ways to set up, could you please tell me?

Thank you for your help. 

2 REPLIES 2
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Those $(UPPER_CASE_THINGS_IN_PARENTHESES) are environment variables that will be automatically replaced by Notepad++ with values appropriate for the (SAS) file you are currently editing. See http://docs.notepad-plus-plus.org/index.php/External_Programs for more info.

I assume that you have sas.exe on the same machine you are running Notepad++ on? i.e. SAS is not on a remote Windows or Linux server that you usually access with a platform client like SAS Enterprise Guide?

If it is not working then I would try constructing the command that Notepad++ would run and then paste it into a command window and see if you get any interesting error messages.

SAS_AMUH
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you I will try it again.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation