BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
maheshtalla
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

we have newly deployed and configured SAS 9.4 on linux and i'm not able to login to web appplications like SAS Studio, SAS EV manager, SAS stored process and SAS web admin console etc. When i try with my credentials its says 

"The application is not authorized to use SAS Logon Manager".

We have already configured LDAP authentication and i'm able to log to client tools like SAS EG, SAS SMC, SAS E-Miner etc..problem is only with web applications. Even i made changes with KB article http://support.sas.com/kb/56/451.html but still its not working.

Can some one please guide and let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mahesh

9 REPLIES 9
Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

have you tried to login with another user (sasadm@saspw) ?

Is it working fine?

This is the link provided by SAS for troubleshooting SAS Logon Manager problems :http://support.sas.com/kb/42/349.html

maheshtalla
Quartz | Level 8

SAS demo and for internal accounts its working. but not for external AD acccounts.

Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

If this is the scenario then please check the SAS Logon Manager log, you can refer the link on my earlier post which I have shared, it will give you a detailed log of SAS Logon manager.

BSchellenger
Fluorite | Level 6

We had this issue with our Linux SAS environment and AD accounts.  Logging into the Linux server with the AD account fixed the issue, for that account.  I think it has something to do with needing a Linux profile created on the server for the AD account.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @maheshtalla,

did you checked if the callback URLs are set properly? Do you have Single Sign On configured on your web applications?

maheshtalla
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

Sorry, I forgot to update the resolution to this issue. It was firewall issue which was blocking the ports. We have opened the ports for 7080 & other web ports required and working fine now.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Many thanks for the update @maheshtalla ! Glad to read you got the problem solved 🙂

doq
Fluorite | Level 6 doq
Fluorite | Level 6

Sorry to be difficult here, but, could I get someone to expand on just what ports were needed?  We are working in the cloud and need to open ports on our LB letting us *into* the SAS servers, so, we want to limit the ports to only those necessary.  We have 7080 and 7980 open already, but are still getting the same problem.

Thanks, D

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Adding new posts on the end of old ones is not a good idea. You will get a better response by creating a new post. If you think it would be helpful you can always add a link to the old post.

Please note that what ports you need to open on your SAS servers is dependent on what OS they are running on, what version of SAS you are using, what SAS products are being used, and the architecture of your SAS servers (how many you have of each type). Every SAS server install I've been involved with, a required port list is provided by SAS or the SAS installer.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 in conversation