BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Manny3
Obsidian | Level 7

I am trying to install SAS Management console  Client , but getting error while selecting the SID file. the error is Tech Support number value doesnt matches.

//Manny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
1. Contact your SAS administrator.
2. Contact SAS tech support.
Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
1. Contact your SAS administrator.
2. Contact SAS tech support.
Data never sleeps
Manny3
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Guys,

Thanks all for the feedbacks and suggestion.

I have contacted the SAS technical support they have provided a revised SID files as the existing one are expired and  now i am able to install it.

lanceanz
Obsidian | Level 7

What's the exact error? It might be that you're not using the correct SID file. Some sites have multiple files (ours does).

SASKiwi
PROC Star

This may be caused by selecting a SID file that doesn't match the version / maintenance level (TS level) of SMC.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Manny3,

as adviced by @SASKiwi and @LinusH, the support id on your software depot/order is not the same as the one in the license you are using.

Are you using a renewal license or the one coming with your own depot? Does your depot include several software orders?

Please try to align support id of the order you use, and the support id of the license. In case you cannot manage to do it and still have problems, please contact your SAS Technical Support team, they will be able to solve your question so you can move forward.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Juan

Manny3
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Juan,

Yes my order contains multiple products, but even now  after installaing SAS MC, I am not able to check a relevant entry for SAS MC in my SID file , possibly it is packed in with some other product .

Also, I am not sure why  deployment manager is asking for a SID for a Client Installation.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi there,

SAS Management Console does not require a license per-se, therefore you won't find any entry in the SID file.

But the deployment requires a valid license anyways. The reason probably would be Integration Technologies, but I think I am probably not the most suitable person to answer that question. I would definetely ask this question to your SAS representative or SAS technical support.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 in conversation