BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Mushy
Quartz | Level 8

Hello All,

When I run the SAS job in the batch mode, I get the following note, even though there are pre assigned libraries:

NOTE: No preassigned object definitions were found on the metadata server.

But when I login via EG, I see all the preassigned libraries.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Mushy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sangavis37
Obsidian | Level 7

In that case you can start by looking at the authorization of the batch user on the pre-assigned libraries. The batch user should atleast have ReadMetadata permission. Also, which engine are you using as the pre-assignment type? 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sangavis37
Obsidian | Level 7

You should make sure that the appropriate server is selected inside properties of those pre-assigned libraries so that it can retrieve the library definitions from metadata. 
Also, you should edit SAS-configuration-directory\Lev1\SASApp\BatchServer\sasv9_usermods.cfg and add the below option
-metaautoresources 'SASApp'
Check out this documentation for more details
https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/bidsag/p0u8xcdo2ll3kmn1oqfz2s0ybooq.htm#p17nlo3gas3kk... 

Mushy
Quartz | Level 8

@sangavis37  Thanks for the response .

This update was already done and also for your reference, I could see in the log, that when I run the job with any other user in the batch mode, the libraries are pre assigned , but when I run the job using batch user , I get this message in the log:

NOTE: No preassigned object definitions were found on the metadata server.

Thanks,

Mushy.

sangavis37
Obsidian | Level 7

In that case you can start by looking at the authorization of the batch user on the pre-assigned libraries. The batch user should atleast have ReadMetadata permission. Also, which engine are you using as the pre-assignment type? 

Mushy
Quartz | Level 8

Indeed was something to do with permissions. Thank you @sangavis37 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation