BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PhiSlogan
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello please help. 

I get this error when trying to register a table or extracting from a table i get this Warning and Error log:

1 LIBNAME qsxxxxx SQLSVR Datasrc=XXXXX SCHEMA=dbo AUTHDOMAIN="SQLServerAuth_NK" ;
WARNING: No login information was available for authdomain SQLServerAuth_NK.
ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [SAS][ODBC 20101 driver][20101]Login failed for user ''.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

Earlier on i was getting an error that would show my user name like this... 

Line 146: ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [SAS][ODBC SQL Server Wire Protocol driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'username'

I tried as best as i could troubleshooting with this guide:

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bidsag&docsetTarget=p0dgsb8tpoljfkn1ixkyjjlbbi50.htm&docsetV... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RogerHed
Obsidian | Level 7
Still this error occurs if the running user account don't have access to the Authdomain to the Library.
Solution is to put all users as member to the Group containing the Authdomain Account.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jag_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi. Please post the results of completing step 5 in the documentation you mention:

Log on with the user account to the host where the SAS server is running, and use the native database client to connect to the database. If this fails, confirm the user account has file system privileges to the database client binaries and libraries.

This step will remove SAS from the picture and enable to verify all of the MS SQL information is correct. 

Next I would run the SAS code directly without involving any metadata stored credentials. Once these two are working I then define the library in metadata and would use the auth domain and metadata-stored user id and password to validate the library. 

RogerHed
Obsidian | Level 7
Still this error occurs if the running user account don't have access to the Authdomain to the Library.
Solution is to put all users as member to the Group containing the Authdomain Account.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation