BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MarianaG
Calcite | Level 5

Hello guys, 

I would like to understand if its possible to connect to more than one server at the same time for example, we have our principal server SASMain and there is another one SAS_Name and I would like to make some operations with data from both. Is that possible? The only way I see is import the data from both to SAS Local and make the operations there, but if there are big amounts of data this is not possible. 

Thanks a lot.

4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @MarianaG ,

it is possible with SAS/CONNECT sessions, when you want to run SAS code in the other servers besides the one you are connected to. If it is about just data from other servers, you don't need to bring data from several locations to SAS local, you only need to bring that to one of the SAS servers, the one you are connected to. File shares and mounts are great for that.

Does it help?

Best regards,

Juan

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If these SAS application servers work on the same physical machine, then you can define your libraries to the paths needed with LIBNAME statements, and do all the work from one server session.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Even if the two SAS servers are on different physical servers as long as they run on the same OS, folder-sharing of SAS data is easy to set up.

joeFurbee
Community Manager

Hi @MarianaG

I wanted to check if the guidance from @JuanS_OCS and @Kurt_Bremser answered your inquiry? If so, can we mark this thread resolved? If not, let us know, so we can continue the conversation.

Also, I'm moving this thread to the Admin community.

Thanks,

Joe

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XLIII, The New SAS Developer Portal
Wednesday, August 14, 2024, at 10 a.m. ET | #SASBowl

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation