BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ajit_sas
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Experts,

I wanted to check how do we implement Multi-Domain (SAN) Certificates with SAS Viya 3.4 on RHEL instance. I am trying this on single machine Viya instance. Does SAN certificates work with Viya 3.4 ?

The customer wants to use SAN certificates and leverage Alias or Cname for SAS and Viya Machines instead of wild card certificates. Ideally they would want to have a single SAN certificate and associate all SAS applications (9.4 and Viya) through that certificate.

Is this possible or supported?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AjmalFarzam
SAS Employee

Hi Ajit,

The use of Subject Alternative Names in certificates is supported, so you could use one certificate for all SAS applications across both 9.4 and Viya. 

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AjmalFarzam
SAS Employee

Hi Ajit,

The use of Subject Alternative Names in certificates is supported, so you could use one certificate for all SAS applications across both 9.4 and Viya. 

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

kjohnsonm
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello Experts,
I see this is a specific solution listed for ..."on RHEL instance".
Is this, Multi-Domain (SAN) Certificates with Viya 3.4, also available for SAS on Windows?   (if yes, are there any documents listing how to do this on Windows?) Thanks for your time.  -KJ

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation