BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I am curious as to the most efficient method of moving a STP location (via SMC) folder location?  For example, I have few STPs that are no longer used, we do not want to delete them but rather move off to a particular folder & restrict access.

WIN 2016 std R2 x64 environment, SAS 9.4 M4 single server.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.  I am thinking the route to go would be create spk --> import to target sas folder --> remove stp from source location.

TIA

S

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you are referring to metadata folders in SMC then it is easy to do a copy and paste in the SMC Folders tab. Perhaps create an Archive folder under your main STP folder then copy and paste the STP metadata definitions into Archive. Don't forget to rename them once copied to avoid duplicate names. Adding a date suffix is a good idea. If you are moving STPs then you don't need to rename them, just delete the STP folder version.   

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Is everything the sp is using defined in metadata? Are there any directories on the os-side, that need to be archived, too? Instead of moving, i would export and delete the process, zip the directory on the os-side and export the md-groups (they can't be included in the package with the sp).

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

There can be many ways of doing it but I would prefer to export as spk package and save it at a safe location then delete the stored process.
Whenever needed it can be reimported.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation