BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
judie_c1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I have downloaded SAS depot based on order to my Windows laptop which is around 30 GB. Now, pls advice on the better way to move this depot to my Linux server where i would need to install SAS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Use a Windows SSH client like WinSCP. Make sure that the transfer is set to "binary" for all files.

After the copy, log on to the Linux server with the SAS installation user and run

chmod -R u+x /sas_depot

(sas_depot is the directory where you copied the depot)

as a lot of the files need execute permission to work.

Then you can proceed with

cd /sas_depot
./setup.sh

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Use a Windows SSH client like WinSCP. Make sure that the transfer is set to "binary" for all files.

After the copy, log on to the Linux server with the SAS installation user and run

chmod -R u+x /sas_depot

(sas_depot is the directory where you copied the depot)

as a lot of the files need execute permission to work.

Then you can proceed with

cd /sas_depot
./setup.sh
angian
SAS Employee

You may want to ask your IT department about setting up a Network File System (NFS)  that is accessible from your Windows machine and the target Linux server/s where you will be installing SAS. That same NFS location can be made accessible to all SAS tiers (if you have more than one) or even to different deployments like DEV/TST/PRD.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

I always liked the MobaXTerm's local session. There is an option to start local terminal to run linux like commands on windows system. I think in the backend it uses Cygwin. You can start this session and run the scp from laptop to linux machine. Add "&" to the end to run it in background just like linux machine.

https://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/documentation.html#2_2

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation