BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Pon1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Team,

I am trying to migrate form SAS 9.1.3 to SAS 9.4, I have installed and with reference to SAS 9.1.3 I have changed my link libraries and now I could able to work on Interactive SAS, IT resource mangement.

The problem I face is, it is not picking up the latest IT resource managemnt version. still it shows IT resource mangement 2.7 version is used.

Could you please help me in resolving this, where/in which library I need to make changes to refer to latest version of IT resource management.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

The move from ITRM 2.7 on 9.1.3 to ITRM 3.9 on 9.4 is a significant one, and involves a fair amount of architectural change.  If you haven't already, you'll need to do a brand new SDW-based planned deployment of ITRM 3.9, and then migrate to it.

See the ITRM 3.9 Migration Guide for a complete understanding of the process to migrate this solution.    As mentioned, the first step is to install and configure a separate ITRM instance.  Note that post ITRM 2.7 the installation and configuration of the ITRM solution is very different that older SAS installations and this process is referred to as planned installation.  Information about planned installations can be found on the SAS Install Center (look under the SAS 9.4 banner and choose the operating system on which SAS is to be installed.)  On these pages, review the information about Planning Order Installation and Configuration Instructions (for Unix and Windows) or Users with Planned deployments for z/OS.  Once ITRM 3.9 is installed, see Chapter 4 (Migrating SAS IT Resource Management 2.6 and 2.7 PDBs to IT Data Marts) of the ITRM 3.9 Migration Guide to understand how to migrate the ITRM 2.7 PDBs to ITRM 3.x IT Data Marts.

If you have questions/issues with any of the above, please feel free to contact Technical Support.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

The move from ITRM 2.7 on 9.1.3 to ITRM 3.9 on 9.4 is a significant one, and involves a fair amount of architectural change.  If you haven't already, you'll need to do a brand new SDW-based planned deployment of ITRM 3.9, and then migrate to it.

See the ITRM 3.9 Migration Guide for a complete understanding of the process to migrate this solution.    As mentioned, the first step is to install and configure a separate ITRM instance.  Note that post ITRM 2.7 the installation and configuration of the ITRM solution is very different that older SAS installations and this process is referred to as planned installation.  Information about planned installations can be found on the SAS Install Center (look under the SAS 9.4 banner and choose the operating system on which SAS is to be installed.)  On these pages, review the information about Planning Order Installation and Configuration Instructions (for Unix and Windows) or Users with Planned deployments for z/OS.  Once ITRM 3.9 is installed, see Chapter 4 (Migrating SAS IT Resource Management 2.6 and 2.7 PDBs to IT Data Marts) of the ITRM 3.9 Migration Guide to understand how to migrate the ITRM 2.7 PDBs to ITRM 3.x IT Data Marts.

If you have questions/issues with any of the above, please feel free to contact Technical Support.

Pon1
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for detail explanation. 

I found that we use SASM#.SAS913.W0.ITRM There is only one PGMLIB dataset with this HLQ that points to ITRM 2.7. We need to have ITRM 3.7 PGMLIB and spacify that HLQ while calling the interactive SAS. Where I can get that Dataset?

Regards

Raj.

Mark_sas
SAS Employee

I think we're getting into specifics that would best be handled by consulting SAS Technical Support.  In that way, you'll have someone familiar with both versions of ITRM assist you in this transition.  Thanks.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation