BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Eitan123
Obsidian | Level 7

Hey,

I just created my first flow with some deployed jobs, but I have two issues:
1) I want to change the flow's properties but when I go into properties, its all grey (read only). I can't edit it.
2) I don't know how to add a subflow to my flow. I thought it was possible by right clicking the flow, but there's no "add subflow" option, only the following options:
Open
Refresh
Edit flow
Add deployed job
Report flow
Schedule flow
Set scheduling server
Unschedule flow
Delete
Properties

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
1. It may be read only because you do not have WriteMetadata permission on the flow. If you right-click the flow under the folders tab you should have an authorization tab where you can examine your permissions.

2. To add a subflow you would edit the flow and right-click in the editing pane to select "add subflow".
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
1. It may be read only because you do not have WriteMetadata permission on the flow. If you right-click the flow under the folders tab you should have an authorization tab where you can examine your permissions.

2. To add a subflow you would edit the flow and right-click in the editing pane to select "add subflow".
--
Eitan123
Obsidian | Level 7

I've marked this response as a solution though it isn't, sorry...

I checked the authorization tab and it has Write Metadata permission enabled. This is a new flow I've created (and my first so far) and I noticed it is the only flow in which the "add subflow" option is missing

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
WriteMetadata is a permission that can be granted or denied either implicitly or explicitly for users and groups. Are you saying the user ID you have used to log in to SAS Management Console specifically has WriteMetadata permission granted on the flow? It would make sense that if you can't modify the properties of the flow you would also not be able to add a subflow to it so this sounds like a permissions issue.

The user ID used to log in to SAS Management Console is displayed in the lower right corner of Management Console. In the authorization tab for the flow if you select the Advanced button there is an explore authorizations tab that will show you effective permissions for a given identity, so you can search for the user ID and confirm what permissions effective permissions are present.
--
Eitan123
Obsidian | Level 7

Did now as you described. These are the permissions for the user ID on this specific flow:

ReadMetadata

WriteMetadata

Also, I did the same check for a different flow on which I can "add subflow", and the permissions are identical

Eitan123
Obsidian | Level 7

Update: Problem solved. The issue was an incorrect scheduling server. Changed it, works.

Thank you!  🙂

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation