BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
iscgonzalez
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

A new user is trying to connect to sas Guide and it seems the connection to the metadata server is ok, but when he tries to expand the libraries node he get this message

Machine name could not be resolved to an ip address

I already performed a telnet to the server to check the workspace server port is open using the ip address and the port (8592), and also using the alias defined in the hosts file and the port and it seems it is connecting.

I checked the hosts file on the windows machine and seems to be correct, also checked the /etc/hosts file on the linux server and seem to be correct on both.

Any idea of what else could I look at to know what could be happening?

2 REPLIES 2
ruturaj72
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @iscgonzalez,

Could you please try validating workspace server from SMC logging in with the same user. (If SAS token authentication is not there ?)

alexal
SAS Employee

@iscgonzalez,

These messages occur when a SAS Application Server (often referred to as SASApp) contains an unresolvable host name that is defined in metadata. To resolve this issue, verify that the host name for the application server is correctly defined in SAS® Management Console.

http://support.sas.com/kb/17/602.html

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation