BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Looks like the session is taking 2 minutes to start up (first datestamp line is 12:50, fourth is 12:52). I suspect this has something to do with it timing out while trying to resolve its hostname given where the delay is happening, so a DNS issue. You could increase the timeout to something greater than 2 minutes (this is in the properties for the logical server's "load balancing" tab) to allow validation to succeed. To fix the delay will likely mean looking into the host's DNS configuration to ensure the DNS server(s) respond quickly and can resolve the hostname of all the hosts in the environment, or that all the hosts in the environment are defined in a hosts file to circumvent the DNS server.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
SAS_LuisBolivar
Quartz | Level 8

Good afternoon.
If it seems to me that it could be that, at the operating system level, how do I validate the DNS?
Thanks.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
You can use commands like nslookup or dig to perform name queries against the DNS. The DNS settings are usually in resolv.conf.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation