BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
gboggs
Obsidian | Level 7

We are trying to get scheduling flows to work in our 9.4-m7 Linux system.   I created a simple EG program, deployed it scheduled it in a flow but it does not seem to work.  The program reads a remote table, and creates a SAS dataset in a directory in SASData.  When I run it from EG it works.  When I try to execute it in the scheduler it does not. 

Where can I locate the logs for the scheduled execution so I can try and track down the reason? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
That's the default location. If it's been changed to something else you can see it in the properties for the DATA Step Batch Server in SAS Management Console under the "Options" tab.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Scheduled jobs are run by the Batch Server, it's logs are in the path <SASConfig>/Lev1/SASApp/BatchServer/Logs by default.
--
gboggs
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you  gwootton. 

The system I am working on does not have a "Logs" (or logs) in the SASAppBatchServer sub-directory.  I checked the Perflogs and Output directories and neither have what I am looking for.  

Is the location of the logs defined in a .cfg or other location?  What is the format for these logs, I could try a find if I had something to search for.  

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
That's the default location. If it's been changed to something else you can see it in the properties for the DATA Step Batch Server in SAS Management Console under the "Options" tab.
--
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@gboggs  - In SMC, right click on SASApp - SAS Data Step Batch Server and select Properties, then Options tab. The Logs Directory in this tab should show you where the logs are stored.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation