BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AliceR
Calcite | Level 5

I'm trying to take the SAS Programming 1 e-Learning course on a laptop with Windows 7. The local SAS administrator installed SAS Foundation 9.4 and SAS Enterprise Guide 6.1 on my laptop, but when I open Enterprise Guide, I get the following message:

A local SAS server was not found and no metadata profile is being used. Without a SAS server you cannot open data or run SAS programs.

I only need to use local data for the e-Learning course; I don't need to connect to a remote server.

Does this sound like a configuration issue? Can anyone provide instructions on how to configure/start the local SAS server so that it's recognized by Enterprise Guide?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AliceR
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the quick reply, Haikuo!

I think I found the reply here: How to run a program in EG5.1 without connecting to a server

After following this thread, I discovered that the core SAS software was not installed on the computer!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AliceR
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the quick reply, Haikuo!

I think I found the reply here: How to run a program in EG5.1 without connecting to a server

After following this thread, I discovered that the core SAS software was not installed on the computer!

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

There can be a lot of reasons you are not seeing the local-server.
When installing SAS-base/foundation al lot of Windowsregistry settings are done. One of them is defining the "local server" process Eguide should use.

Possible causes:

- These registry settings are not implemented or available to your user.

- The top gotchas when moving to 64-bit SAS for Windows - The SAS Dummy There is bitness issue. Have all of 64-bit or all 32-bit but do not mixup.

being before https://communities.sas.com/message/176534

- The two programs Eguide and SAS base have been put in different virtual machines not seeing each other

---->-- ja karman --<-----

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation