BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AliceR
Calcite | Level 5

I'm trying to take the SAS Programming 1 e-Learning course on a laptop with Windows 7. The local SAS administrator installed SAS Foundation 9.4 and SAS Enterprise Guide 6.1 on my laptop, but when I open Enterprise Guide, I get the following message:

A local SAS server was not found and no metadata profile is being used. Without a SAS server you cannot open data or run SAS programs.

I only need to use local data for the e-Learning course; I don't need to connect to a remote server.

Does this sound like a configuration issue? Can anyone provide instructions on how to configure/start the local SAS server so that it's recognized by Enterprise Guide?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AliceR
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the quick reply, Haikuo!

I think I found the reply here: How to run a program in EG5.1 without connecting to a server

After following this thread, I discovered that the core SAS software was not installed on the computer!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AliceR
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the quick reply, Haikuo!

I think I found the reply here: How to run a program in EG5.1 without connecting to a server

After following this thread, I discovered that the core SAS software was not installed on the computer!

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

There can be a lot of reasons you are not seeing the local-server.
When installing SAS-base/foundation al lot of Windowsregistry settings are done. One of them is defining the "local server" process Eguide should use.

Possible causes:

- These registry settings are not implemented or available to your user.

- The top gotchas when moving to 64-bit SAS for Windows - The SAS Dummy There is bitness issue. Have all of 64-bit or all 32-bit but do not mixup.

being before https://communities.sas.com/message/176534

- The two programs Eguide and SAS base have been put in different virtual machines not seeing each other

---->-- ja karman --<-----

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation