BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sergie89
Quartz | Level 8

Hello all,

We would like load data directly from Data Integration Studio (which is hosted on a separate server) to LASR memory on SAS Visual Analytics. We are running VA 7.3 M3 and SAS BI server 9.4M3 all on Linux and are distributed.

We are able to load data from DI to VA in Enterprise Guide. But it's in SAS code. (see https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Revisiting-Remote-LASR-Loads-Using-SASIOLA/ta...) and (http://support.sas.com/kb/56/996.html)

What kind of other opertunities do we have and what are the steps for setting it up?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
alexal
SAS Employee

@sergie89,

Beginning with the third maintenance release for SAS® 9.4, SAS® Integration Technologies includes the SAS LASR Analytic Server Access Tools. The SAS LASR Analytic Server Access Tools include two engines: the SASIOLA engine and the SASHDAT engine. These engines make it possible to copy data from an environment without a SAS LASR Analytic Server to a remote SAS LASR Analytic Server or Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).

http://support.sas.com/kb/56/996.html

sergie89
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @alexal,

We already have configured SAS LASR Analytic Server Access Tools and we can push data with SAS Code from Enterprise Guide (which is hosted on a separate server) to LASR memory on SAS Visual Analytics.

But I see some transformations such as "SAS LASR Analytical Server Loader and Unload" in DI. Is it possible to use these transformations in DI for pushing data remotely to LASR memory on SAS Visual Analytics.?

DI_trnsfrmation.PNG

I can also define a new SAS Lasr Analytical Server on the DI-server. Should we configure this first ?

Lasr_server.PNG

What are the next steps for setting it up?

alexal
SAS Employee

@sergie89,

But I see some transformations such as "SAS LASR Analytical Server Loader and Unload" in DI. Is it possible to use these transformations in DI for pushing data remotely to LASR memory on SAS Visual Analytics.?

I'm not familiar with DI and transformations in it, but I'm pretty sure they are using either "proc lasr" or the data step to load the data. Those require SAS LASR Analytic Server Access Tools if you loading the data to the remote server.

I can also define a new SAS Lasr Analytical Server on the DI-server. Should we configure this first ?

You can do that only if you have a LASR server license on the DI server.

sergie89
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @alexal,

I'm not familiar with DI and transformations in it, but I'm pretty sure they are using either "proc lasr" or the data step to load the data. Those require SAS LASR Analytic Server Access Tools if you loading the data to the remote server.

Hmm, can you ask one of your colleagues if there is something on paper ?

You can do that only if you have a LASR server license on the DI server.

Yes, we have a license for SAS LASR Analytic Server Access Tools 2.7 on the DI server.

We want to implement this solution (load data directly) because we are working with secure data.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation