BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello all.  Is there a listing that shows latest supported driver versions (for ACCESS/ODBC at least)?  For example, what is the latest MS SQL SRVR driver version supported by SAS (use with ACCESS/ODBC)?

So far my search has failed.

Thank you in advance,

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

As far as I know, the functioning of SAS/ACCESS to ODBC is not that sensitive to driver versions. At least, not to the point that there would be an exhaustive list of drivers/versions supported.  That's kind of the point of ODBC -- it's a protocol that if complied with, it should just work.  I would hope that the most recent SQL Server driver (13.1, I think) should be okay.

You might need a specific driver version to support a proper connection/feature to a specific version of your database (ex: specific driver for some feature in Oracle 12c), but the SAS/ACCESS part should work with whatever driver you have making that connection.

Are you looking at Azure-hosted data? Might be some special considerations -- post back with specific questions if you run into challenges. 

With SAS on Windows, you do need the bitness to match -- 64-bit SAS needs to use the 64-bit version of an ODBC driver.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please be aware that different versions of ODBC drivers may not behave exactly the same. I would recommend rigorously testing new drivers prior to rolling them out. 

shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thank you all who took the time to reply. I was looking for a listing of current version of different ODBC drivers. Good points shared. I thank you!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation