BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Edgarin1st
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everybody, I need to know the complete products that has:

SAS Marketing Automation (MA)
SAS Data Quality Standard (is it Data Flux?)
SAS Customer Analytics for Banking (CAfb)

I mean, as far as I know I need SAS/Base, SAS/STAT, SAS/Miner, etc in order to run MA, am I correct?

or where can I find the list of products but with a dependency on other products? for example I need SAS/STAT in order to run SAS

Thanks in advanced,

Edgar

8 REPLIES 8
dpage
SAS Employee

When you order one of those products, the license you receive will include any needed dependencies it might have you don't have to assemble that information yourself. 

Edgarin1st
Fluorite | Level 6

I understand your point of view but I need to know the dependencies of all products. Maybe in a matrix of a list of dependencies? I run proc setinit and proc product_status but I have no idea about the dependencies. I reviewed online but did not find something about this.

dpage
SAS Employee

I'm not aware of any such resource - If you can elaborate what you're trying to do maybe it can be done a different way?

Edgarin1st
Fluorite | Level 6

I run a code on SAS EG and I got many products installed, let's say for example: DATA Step to DS2 Translator version 2.55 and I have no idea if this product is part of Marketing Automation, SAS Base, etc.

In total I have 125 products and I wanna know not only the dependencies between each product but also the belongings of each product, for example: SAS Miner need SAS/STAT and is part of SAS Marketing Automation.

Not sure if I could explain you my necesity

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Why are you asking this?

What is your underlying requirement?

What role do you play in this?

Step 1: define your requirements

Step 2: match requirements with a solution

Step 3: implementation/PoC

It's not until the last step you actually need to know what products/components to install (unless you have very specific platform/IT requirements/constraints).

Data never sleeps
Edgarin1st
Fluorite | Level 6

I wanna know for each product that I have installed on my system the dependencies in order to update some part of the program. I know that in my job bought SAS Customer Analytics for Banking but is not clear which products corresponds with this. As far as I know SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Enterprise Miner is part of SAS Marketing Automation, am I correct?

The main purpose of this requirement is to know the capabilities installed and use them as much as possible

ballardw
Super User

Enterprise Guide is a different development environment from the more traditional SAS Foundation or Base environment. It does not rely on Marketing Automation at all. For instance my install only has Base, Graph, Stat and Pc files but includes Enterprise Guide. The bits it may use are restricted to products licensed.

Edgarin1st
Fluorite | Level 6

thanks ballardw

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation