BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
val_nikolajevs
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I am trying to create a preassigned Library, which based on Oracle DB, in SAS Management Console. I am not able to register Tables, because not able to pass authentication for SASapp.

Background:

To access Oracle DB,  i must use certain user name and password. Writing libname statement in sas on client station with Oracle user credentials works and I am able to initialize library with all tables.

However, I would like to have preassigned library, so data is available for users, with out the need for authentication to DB. So as long the user passes SAS level authentication, he/she would be able to access oracle DB under the predefined oracle db single user cerdentials. The purpose of this is to limit users access to the information about oracle db and ability to manage SAS  users access at single point, no need to share access to the db or create multiple user logins on DB side.

Implementaion:

1. Created default Aut user with oracle db user. Under User Manager.

2.  Under Server Manager, Created New Oracle Server. Created connections. Using DefaultAuth domain.

3. Created library under Data LIbrary Manager. Assigned SASApp server, Data Server used predifined server item #2 of this list.Default log in oracle db user.

4. Tried to register tables. and not able to finish this portion oracle db user can not connect to SASapp. and the SASapp user (myself with admin rights) not able to connect to Oracle db.

Please help me to find how I can connect to Oracle db with one user and to SASapp with another.

Thank you.

Val

because user for Oracle DB does not have access to SASapp server (can not be added to domain or local to get access to the sas server)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @val_nikolajevs 
This document has the detailed step by step instructions.
https://support.sas.com/techsup/technote/ts771.pdf 
Please revert back with error messages if you are still not able to create a preassigned library.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @val_nikolajevs 
This document has the detailed step by step instructions.
https://support.sas.com/techsup/technote/ts771.pdf 
Please revert back with error messages if you are still not able to create a preassigned library.

val_nikolajevs
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you. I was doing work on a server and logged in as a sasadmin to the management console. On page 13 it was addressed. Logged i from client with my own authentication and was able to assign the library.
Thank you!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation