BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
It's a strange question, I'm aware of it.
But I'm thinking about a sound buying decision for a laptop if my primary use will be SAS Viya. The computational power is released at the SAS Viya sever and not by the laptop.
What specs should I appreciate then?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

@acordes wrote:
But I'm thinking about a sound buying decision for a laptop if my primary use will be SAS Viya. The computational power is released at the SAS Viya sever and not by the laptop.

Correct, so network speed is usually the biggest factor issue. 

If you're a power data user, Excel usually comes into play a lot as well, so because of that it may be better to focus on the best specs for Excel?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Actually your question may not be so strange after all. There is a standalone version of Viya that runs entirely on your PC called SAS Analytics Pro

However I guess you are referring to the server-based version of Viya where all of the client components run in a web browser. You can find what you need under client requirements.

Reeza
Super User

@acordes wrote:

Correct, so network speed is usually the biggest factor issue. 

If you're a power data user, Excel usually comes into play a lot as well, so because of that it may be better to focus on the best specs for Excel?

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation