BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MG18
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi all,

I have exported one flow from production environment to other env and in new environment job are taking very huge time to complete .whereas same flow is comletig in few hours in production environment 

So what parameter should I check and what configuration should i change ?

O/S :- Linux

Version:-9.3

Product:- SAS LSF

4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @MG18,

did you tried to run the job without LSF? If you get same time results without LSF, probably the problem is not LSF, but something on the job and its dependencies.

If you get the same time results with LSF, we will need to look further. It might be that your job is coming into the wrong queue or the queue is having issues on its resources.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
"A few hours" is still quite some processing time.
Do you have the same amount of data in your new environment? Are the environments different when it comes to available resources?
Data never sleeps
MG18
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Yes we are same amount data in new environmnet and environmet is same while fetching data and when it come to loading its different.

Please tell me what parameter should i check in new environment like LSF parameter, JFD parameter or OS parameter?

MAny thanks in adavnce

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I think you are skipping two crucial steps when you ask for parameters.
1. What (step) is taking longer time?
2. Why?
For 1. Compare logs. If you didn't complete the flow in the new environment you could run on smaller data sets.

What about "loading its different"?
Data never sleeps

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation