BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MarkESmith
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everyone,

We are currently running SAS Visual Analytics 7.4 on a Red Hat machine - there's a Visual Analytics web interface that has an 'Administrator overview' within the 'Report Viewer' and we'd like to see those reports. I found the following video on Youtube (it is an official SAS video) describing the procedure to start autoloading audit data for the purpose of providing data for those reports.

The video is excellent and walks through the steps in detail, but since we are running SAS VA 7.4, is the process the same as the one described in the video for SAS VA 7.2?

Thanks!

-Kyle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkESmith
Obsidian | Level 7

Just wanted to provide an update here.

The problem that I had was that I didn't realize that these tables were stored in the PostgreSQL database that is included with SAS (it always seems to be referred to as the 'SharedServices' database which was a point of confusion for me - as far as I can tell, 'SharedServices' is just a schema within the database). I also didn't realize that the database was off - I managed to learn this by using the SAS Environment Manager (through a web browser). I did not know the password for the 'dbmsowner' profile so I had to use the 'sasadm.sh' script to reset the password.

After doing this, I was then able to use the new password to start the PostgreSQL database successfully. My audit data then started loading within the Administrator overview report.

Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MarkESmith
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for the link Alexal. It looks like, to set up archiving, records need to be added to the SAS_AUDIT_ARCHIVE_RULE table but I can't seem to find that table. These are the current SAS components that I have installed:

Base SAS

SAS Metadata Server

SAS Visual Analytics

SAS Visual Analytics LASR Server Non-Distributed

SAS Visual Statistics          

SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC

Version: SAS 9.4 64-bits TS1M5, Rev. 940_17w47

I can find the AUDIT_VISUALANALYTICS table, but I can't seem to find the SAS_AUDIT_ARCHIVE_RULE table. I don't really want to set up auditing unless I know that archiving/purging is also set up - and the documentation doesn't seem to be clear about how exactly to access/write to this table. Is this something that should be done through SAS software or through an SQL-client on the Linux terminal?

Thanks,

Kyle

MarkESmith
Obsidian | Level 7

Just wanted to provide an update here.

The problem that I had was that I didn't realize that these tables were stored in the PostgreSQL database that is included with SAS (it always seems to be referred to as the 'SharedServices' database which was a point of confusion for me - as far as I can tell, 'SharedServices' is just a schema within the database). I also didn't realize that the database was off - I managed to learn this by using the SAS Environment Manager (through a web browser). I did not know the password for the 'dbmsowner' profile so I had to use the 'sasadm.sh' script to reset the password.

After doing this, I was then able to use the new password to start the PostgreSQL database successfully. My audit data then started loading within the Administrator overview report.

Thanks for the help!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation