BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Fiachra
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi guys

When  trying to assign a library in library manager I get an "insufficient authorization to access E:\SASdata\QID". Is this likely to be a SAS authorization issue (I have full permission on the metadata folder) or on the OS (I believe I have full read/write access to the physical folder).

Thanks,

Fiachra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Fiachra,

did you manage to solve/understand your problem?

Regards,

Juan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
OS permission I would say.
It's crucial to understand what OS user that is in effect when you are performing the access to the file system.
Data never sleeps
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Fiachra,

did you manage to solve/understand your problem?

Regards,

Juan

Fiachra
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Juan,

The problems has been resolved. The problem was on the OS permissions. I was was part of a group where the access permission was denied and this was overriding another grant access permission.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation