BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
cristiancon
Calcite | Level 5

I installed SAS 9.4 (9.4, EG and EM) on my new laptop (windows 10). However, neither EM nor EG were installed (just SAS 9.4). Now, I have been trying to uninstall SAS, but it is not possible because of "unwritable files" during the "preparing to uninstall sas system products" process. There are 27 unwritable files. All of them are in SASHome\SASWebApplicationServer\9.4\tomcat-7.0.55.A.RELEASE\lib

I will really appreciate any help.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Hi @cristiancon

Kindly check this note and see if this helps.

Note: Starting with a freshly rebooted system helps prevent files from being locked in memory. When files are locked in memory during the installation process, you will receive messages about unwritable files in the Checking System window. See SAS Note 55022 for more information.

http://support.sas.com/kb/55/022.html

Thanks,
Anand!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

Can you manually delete them and retry the re-install?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Not sure why you are trying to install a SAS web application server on your laptop. This is typically done on SAS servers. I suspect you probably should have chosen to install Foundation SAS, plus EM and EG client software, not any server-related stuff. 

Technolero
Pyrite | Level 9

@SASKiwi - Most likely @cristiancon installed SAS Studio along with 9.4, EG, and EM, which is why SAS Web Server was installed and running. Opening up the Windows Services Snap-In (Start -> Run -> services.msc) and stopping SASStudioSpawner and SASStudioWebAppServer would have made uninstallation possible.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

OK. Thanks for the explanation Smiley Happy

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Hi @cristiancon

Kindly check this note and see if this helps.

Note: Starting with a freshly rebooted system helps prevent files from being locked in memory. When files are locked in memory during the installation process, you will receive messages about unwritable files in the Checking System window. See SAS Note 55022 for more information.

http://support.sas.com/kb/55/022.html

Thanks,
Anand!
cristiancon
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you so much!

I read the article, and I was able to uninstall SAS.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 5 in conversation