BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
IndunilRuhunuhewa
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

After installing VMware Player for Windows7 64-bits i tried to run the Sas University Edition. But it gives this error message:

1.png

And then this:

2.png

then i came to know that my CPU type is Intel Pentium P6100 and it does not support Intel Virtualization Technology....

I would really like to install SAS as soon as possible, so please help me. Can this be fixed or is there any alternative?

Thank you in advance,

Indunil Ruhunuhewa

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

as far as I know, new versions of SAS (SAS University edition is included, as it is only released with SAS 9.4), are only supporting 64-bit platforms (Operating systems and processors/CPU).

The options you have are:

- upgrade your machine/purchase a new one

- Install and older version of SAS (and pay license costs)

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

There is one other option. You can get a server-based SAS OnDemand for Academics account for independent learners, using SAS Studio. Although there is no installation that requires a 64 bit machine, you can use a browser to access the server using SAS Studio, but the downside of this type of free account is that you must have an Internet connection (a reasonably fast one) to connect to the server. SAS OnDemand for Academics | SAS So that is an alternative.

cynthia

IndunilRuhunuhewa
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Thanks a lot! It worked :smileygrin:

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation