BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Martyn
Fluorite | Level 6

Having been forced to upgrade my PC and go to Windows 10 Pro, I downloaded and installed SAS 9.4 TS0M3.

Being a prolific user of the SAS ODBC driver to get SAS data into Excel, I looked for instructions for W10 on how to do it.

I couldn't find any.

So I reapplied the actions that I had done on W7 - added the SAS ODBC driver as a User Data Source, and edited the SERVICES file to add the SAS ODBC service.

However, I get a "driver's sqlsetconnectattr failed" message when I try chose the SAS ODBC data source in Excel.

Anyone got this working on Windows 10?

Martyn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martyn
Fluorite | Level 6

In the end, a simple solution that I would have found sooner if I'd put my glasses on.

I had mistyped the server name in the ODBC screen. Instead of 2 underscores before the port name, I had 3. As soon as I changed it, everything seems to work.

Sorry to have wasted peoples time.

Martyn

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Norman21
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

This thread might help:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/Administration-and-Deployment/SAS-on-Windows-10/td-p/198940

Norman.

Norman.
SAS 9.4 (TS1M6) X64_10PRO WIN 10.0.17763 Workstation

Martyn
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks,  Norman. Unfortunately, nothing on the ODBC driver there...

Martyn

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Moved to admin forum, since this seem to have to do about installation and configuration, and not SAS programming specifically.

Data never sleeps
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

Just a wild guess. There was a popular similar issue, some time ago, related to some windows registries not properly updated/handled.

I wonder if this might help: 

http://support.sas.com/kb/10/022.html

Martyn
Fluorite | Level 6

In the end, a simple solution that I would have found sooner if I'd put my glasses on.

I had mistyped the server name in the ODBC screen. Instead of 2 underscores before the port name, I had 3. As soon as I changed it, everything seems to work.

Sorry to have wasted peoples time.

Martyn

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi, thanks for the update, and happy to read that you managed to solve it! 🙂

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Multiple underscores, dangerous as multiple spaces...
Data never sleeps

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation