BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
xinjian
Calcite | Level 5

I tried to install SAS 9.4 on window 8.1, clicked set up application, then I got this error window:

''You’ve attempted to install software intended for one operating system

on a machine using a different operating system. You should either

install on a machine using the operating system you downloaded for or

return to the download site and download the appropriate software for

your operating system.''

is someone know how to solve this problem?

THanks

7 REPLIES 7
ballardw
Super User

Are you sure the version of the software is intended to install on Windows 8? There may also be an issue with the processor 32 vs 64 bit.

xinjian
Calcite | Level 5

My SAS 9.4 is for 64 bit. My pc is 64 bit with windows 8.1 pro.

Reeza
Super User

Find your setinit file, it will say the specs required and the OS expected and then compare that to what your system is.

Either way you'll need to contact your SAS Software provider to get a new version most likely.

xinjian
Calcite | Level 5

I checked sid file. My OS is OK.

xinjian
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Jaap,

I checked 52767 - Windows 8.1 Update 1 or Windows Server 2012 R2 Update 1 might cause a SAS® installation to f....

It seems  I have to get SAS 9.4 (TS1M1) revision 14w19 for solving this problem.

Thanks,

Xinjian

xinjian
Calcite | Level 5

I got new version of SAS 9.4, and installed it successfully. Thanks for your kindness.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation