BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SakamotoRyoma
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

I'm a beginner SAS user and have a question for the installation process of SAS9.4 on Windows 7.

During the process of installations, I received the error message "SAS/ACCESS Interface to Aster (32bit, English User)."

I could not have figured out what I should have done to fix the problem, so I decided to run the installation without fixing the problem.

Will I have problems to run a SAS without fixing this problem? If so, would you please support me to fix the problem?

Thank you so much for your time to read my question.

Ryoma

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If that is the only error then if you are not reading or writing to Aster, SAS is likely to work OK.

Have you tried using SAS? Are to likely to want to read or write to an Aster database from SAS?

SakamotoRyoma
Calcite | Level 5

Dear SASKiwi,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I have tried to use SAS and haven't noticed any issues for now.

I am not planning to use an Aster database for now, so if SAS works good without the installation, I think it is fine by me.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation