BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KellyJade
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I had SAS 9.4 on my computer that recently died.  Luckily, I had backed up SAS on my external.   My new computer is a Windows 8.1 64 bit where my old one was a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.  I tried to install it from the drive and I got the error that I am trying to install SAS on a machine with a different operating system than the version requires.  Can anybody help me?

Kelly

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

I suspect changing the license from Windows 7 to 8 is going to be needed.

Mark_sas
SAS Employee

If you've got Update 1 installed on top of Windows 8.1, it's likely you're running into the problem described at:

http://support.sas.com/kb/52/767.html

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

SASKiwi
PROC Star

How did you install 9.4 the first time? Was it from a SAS Software Depot or from install media (DVD or a disk image of install media)?

In both cases you should install the second time from the same source - either the SAS Software Depot or the install media. 

KellyJade
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you! I am going to try and re install from the disk tomorrow

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation