BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
diep
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I would like to install SAS 9.3 on my laptop 64 bits using windows10, but the application does not support the platform. What shouId I do ? Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

Doing some housecleaning for some older posts.  SAS started supported Windows 10 as of the third maintenance release of 9.4 (9.4M3).  For information on supported products on Windows 10, you can consult this link.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Reeza
Super User

Create a virtual image that uses Windows 7, or a supported version, and install the software onto the image. Then you can run the image via VMWare.  

Theoretically you might be able to do it on AWS or some other SaaS platform but I can see that getting expensive.

diep
Calcite | Level 5
thanks for your reply, but I don't know how to create a virtual image ....
SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS is working on supporting SAS 9.4 on Win 10. An option would be to wait until that becomes available.

If you install SAS 9.3 on Virtual Win7 in Win 10 it will perform slower than a native Win 10 install. 

Mark_sas
SAS Employee

Doing some housecleaning for some older posts.  SAS started supported Windows 10 as of the third maintenance release of 9.4 (9.4M3).  For information on supported products on Windows 10, you can consult this link.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

jssc63
Calcite | Level 5

How can this be the solution?

I have been using SAS for 18 years but now I am SAS-less.

Only version I have is SAS 9.3 with about 25 years left on SAS license.

Is there a real solution to this?

I would like to Install SAS 9.3 on Windows10

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

SAS 9.3 is not supported on Windows 10, so I wouldn't even try to install it. Link below:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikfdtnwx6sr/64432/PDF/default/sreq.pdf

Not knowing how you SAS is licensed, but you should be able to ask your local SAS office for the latest release of SAS (SAS 9.4M5) if your licensing fees are paid. This upgrade is at no cost since it's already included in you annual licensing. But please verify with your local SAS office first since we cannot comment on licensing on this forum.

jssc63
Calcite | Level 5
I will ask for 9.4 copy
thanks
Jumpstart
Calcite | Level 5

I actually have SAS 9.3 installed on a handful of Windows 10 machines. However, I'm trying to install it on a new Windows 10 Pro machine and the compatibility settings aren't working. Now I'm stuck and frustrated. 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@Jumpstart wrote:

I actually have SAS 9.3 installed on a handful of Windows 10 machines. However, I'm trying to install it on a new Windows 10 Pro machine and the compatibility settings aren't working. Now I'm stuck and frustrated. 

Since you are doing new installs, get your current software (your license always includes updates to the current version) from your SAS account executive, and install that. No reason to go through any hassles when SAS 9.4M5 installs without problems.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 8 in conversation