BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kgeorge130
Fluorite | Level 6

Does anyone have any tips on installing and running Enterprise Guide in a virtual environment?  I have been working with my virtual admins in getting EG to work and are running into issues with getting it to run and install properly.   I am just installing the standalone EG files in the appstack along with the office plugin.  I did not think that should have been an issue with running that as an Appstack, but it is proving to be more challenging than I would have thought.    

To get the programs to install at all I did have to change the _JAVA_OPTIONS environment variable to -Xmx512m otherwise the install would fail.  

any help would be appreciated!

Kevin

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I think you will make more progress raising a track with SAS Tech Support if you haven't done so already. For starters your install environment Windows OS must be supported by EG - what version are you installing on?

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Hi @kgeorge130 

I agree with @SASKiwi , log a ticket with SAS support and work with them in parallel. Just for reference, I'm giving the link to our virtualization policy: https://support.sas.com/techsup/pcn/virtualization.html

If you can provide us with some more information on the error(s), we could possibly assist more.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation