BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Makoko
Calcite | Level 5

Hi There

I'm initializing SAS Environment Manager Service Archtechture, but at step "3.Initialize Frame Work", there are error like below.
I checked various directories, but I did not know where the cause of the error is.
Could you advise what went wrong and how can I solve this issue?
Appreciated.

I'm using SAS 9.4. Environment Manager 2.5 , Windows.
C:\sas\Config\Lev1\Web\SASEnvironmentManager\emi-framework\bin>emi_init.bat -i

Service Architecture Initialization Utility - Mon Nov 12 18:19:52 JST 2018
Validating environment...
Validating external connections...
Starting initialization...
DefaultValidationEventHandler: [FATAL_ERROR]: 属性"description"の値に無効なXML文字(Unicode: 0x13)が見つかりました。要素 は"Resource"です。
(translate:An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x13) was found in the value of the attribute "description". The element is "Resource".)
Query to confirm EV Server and local platform [jpnvm1810311.apac.sas.com] exists failed.
Check EV Server status and local agent status.

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Makoko,

it does ring a bell in me, I believe SAS has released a hotfix for this problem with double-byte encodings, a year ago or less.

Did you run already checked the available SAS Hotfixes for your environment? Please check the ones available for SAS Environment Manager and agents.

Best regards,

Juan

Makoko
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Juan.

But We've already applied Hotfixes for all, but it still error...

Are there any other ideas, that maybe cause error?

regards 

Makoko

eleven
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Makoko, 

Login SAS Environment Manager and check the description for "jpnvm1810311.apac.sas.com", as the error mention, it contain invalid character.

Hope this help.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation