BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Windows 2019, SAS 9.4M7, VA 7.5

We're looking to initialise the Service Architecture Framework in our environment (for some reason this wasn't done on installation), as documented here:

Initializing and Enabling the Service Architecture 

When running

validate.bat --level 2

in config/Lev1/Web/SASEnvironmentManager/emi-framework/bin I always get the response as follows:

Starting level 1 validation...
Level 1 validation completed with 0 error(s)
Starting extended level 2 validation (this could take a while)...

Service Architecture validation completed with 1 error(s)
Errors:
        1) The SAS Environment Manager Server is unable to process additional tasks at this time. This may be due to high change request volume. If the server has recently been (re)started, it may be synchronizing with its Agents. This process could take up to an hour.
Please try again at a later time to validate your environment.

It doesn't matter when I try this, and how busy (or otherwise) the server is. It produces a couple of log files but there doesn't seem to be anything else useful in them (see attached). Does anyone have any insights?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
This means we sent an update to Environment Manager and it wasn't updated before the timeout it will stop to prevent future calls from failing.
The server.log file for the Environment Manager server might have more information on what's happening. I might start by stopping the Environment Manager Server and agents on all the hosts, starting back up the server and then following the steps under the section "The SAS Environment Manager agent starts, but does not send data." in the documentation linked below to reset the agent connections to the server.

Resolving Problems with SAS Environment Manager Agents
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/evug/n07iigw9mfj4eln1nyktpc3p1x3a.htm
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks Greg, I'll maybe give that a go. I quite often have to follow that guidance for one of the platforms (compute) after restarting so I'm used to that one. Never have found if there's an agent.encrypt.lock file though - the service is run by the local system account so there's no C:\users\user-name\AppData\Local\Temp directory. But just removing the data directory seems to do the job.

Looking at the server.log for EV server, the validate seems to end with this warning:

03-11-2023 15:42:36,142 GMT WARN [tomcat-http--17] [org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.server.session.AIBossImpl@442] toggleRuntimeScan called for non-server type=3:10559

No idea what it means!

Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Sadly, restarting the EV server and agents as described in the troubleshooting documentation made no difference.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
I'd engage technical support then so we can take a look at the logs from the validator and Environment Manager.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Yes, that was going to be my next step. Unlikely to come to you though. Will be Marlow, initially at least.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation