BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Resa
Pyrite | Level 9

We have a flow that consists of multiple sub-flows.

Today we were faced with an error situation in sub-flow 1 indicating a table was locked by a job from sub-flow 2.

This sort of took us by surprise.

When we checked the SMC we noticed the following settings in the Attributes tab in the Properties:SMC Attributes 1SMC Attributes 1

SMC Attributes 2SMC Attributes 2

When we checked the Completion Attributes for the same flow in FlowManager we noticed the following settings:FlowManager Attributes 1FlowManager Attributes 1

FlowManager Attributes 2FlowManager Attributes 2

What we understand from these settings and what we have seen today is the following:

That the flow criteria completion was met when a warning occurred in the first job of sub-flow 1.

The setting in FlowManager ("Change the flow state immediately and continue running the flow")

The immediate change of the flow state resulted in sub-flow 2 to start running but at the same time also the second job in sub-flow 1 started. Both use the same file causing the entire flow to fail on a file lock.

This is how we understand that the error was caused.

What we do not understand why in FlowManager the setting from SMC ("Complete any work in progress and stop running the flow") has not been taken over from the SMC.

Has anyone noticed this before and if so, any suggestions on how we can get FlowManager to have the same settings as SMC?

NOTE: We have tried unscheduling and rescheduling the flow but that did not help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @Resa

Sent you the track number in a dm. I checked SAS 9.4M4 and it is indeed fixed in that release.

On a side note I do see a fourth option in Flow Manager that is not available in SMC:

completionattributes.png

Cheers Jan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Resa,

This certainly rings a bell! We found this out in 9.4M3 and tracked it with SAS TS. They confirmed a defect in smc with no fixed resolution date. And we didn't check if 9.4M4 fixed it. What maintenance level are you running? I will dig up the track number so you can refer to it if you get in touch with SAS yourself.

Cheers Jan.

Resa
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi @jklaverstijn,

Thanks for the feedback in the information. We have experienced this in 9.4M3.

I do have a 9.4M5 installation available, I will check whether the same inconsistency is still present there and provide feedback on this.

Kind regards,

--Resa

jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @Resa

Sent you the track number in a dm. I checked SAS 9.4M4 and it is indeed fixed in that release.

On a side note I do see a fourth option in Flow Manager that is not available in SMC:

completionattributes.png

Cheers Jan

Resa
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi @jklaverstijn,

Thanks for the additional information, in 9.4M5 the fix is still in place Smiley Wink

But as you indicate, also the additional option in Flow Manager is still there and not available in SMC.

So, the inconsistency is fixed but not all available options from Flow Manager are an option in SMC.

However, I think this is less disturbing than the inconsistency since this has caused issues in our flow.

Did your track also cover the item of the missing option? If so, than it can be indicated that this is still the case in 9.4M5.

Kind regards,

--Resa

jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Hi Resa,

Glad that has been cleared up. No I didn't include the remark about the fourth option in the track.

Good luck,
- Jan

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation