BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SatishR
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear Team,

My Sas 9.4 application taking too much time to execute code and after addressing issue, it is observed that IO throughput rate is not up to mark which is  recommended 100-125 Mb/sec.

Application IO Throughput rate is as below,
STATISTICS
read throughput rate: 68.41 megabytes/second per physical core
write throughput rate: 4.35 megabytes/second per physical core.

Application is configured on Linux 8 core server having 8 gb Ram 

I have also check NMON output for 24 hrs, and it is likely saying that issue is with IO throughput rate.

So how to increase throughput rate at OS/Storage level.

SatishR_0-1709723011843.png

Anyone could please help me to resolve the same.

3 REPLIES 3
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @SatishR 

Unfortunately you are asking the wrong crowd!

I/O Throughput is a infrastructure issues (Storage: DISK / SAN configuration). These issues affect not just SAS, but your Server operation and every other software you deploy on it!

The best people to ask/address would be your IT Storage team. They should know these things, it's their job. SAS communities are related to everything SAS software, and not Storage!

Typically customers would try to provision servers/machines that matches the Minimum Hardware Requirements recommended by the software vendor, and if they don't, they lose the right to blame the vendor for poor performance! If you know what I mean.

Just my cents,

Ahmed

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

A difference between read and write like you show points to improper selection of RAID layout (e.g. RAID 5). When writing to RAID 5, all disks in the group must be read, and two writes occur (the "real" write and the checksum write; the checksum is calculated after all disks have been read). RAID 1 (which is a simple mirror where identical information is written to both mirrors concurrently) provides much better write performance.

But all this has to be checked with the masters of your infrastructure, we can't help in this.

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @SatishR 
Your infrastructure needs an upgrade, in addition to the storage RAM is also on a lower side.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation