BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Daizy
Calcite | Level 5

I have downloaded Enterprise guide 4.1 successfully on my Windows 8 64 bit system. But it says No SAS servers available. The current repository doesnt contain defination for any SAS servers. I am new to SAS. Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

First off, 4.1 is outdated, I'd ask my SAS rep for a newer version, I think its on 6.1 now.

CTorres
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Daizy,

Remember that Enterprise Guide is just a powerfull front-end to SAS. It does not work alone. Where is the SAS Server? Did you download (install) SAS as well in the desktop?

Regards,

sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

Daizy -

EG is win desktop application and you must connect to SAS server remotely or locally.

way to check,

open EG > select help > about sas eg. in the about window, click configuration details. you will see a window with lots of details.

- check option "sas system version" and if it's say "none" then eg cannot detect a local SAS installation. and then you have to install it on local machine or connect to remote machine.

gd lk!

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

I believe EG 4.1 is the client version for SAS 9.1.3

Besides of this really being an out-dated version SAS 9.1.3 is also not compatible with Windows 8.

For a local install of the EG client and the SAS Server you will need at least SAS 9.3 and EG 4.3 (I believe). Best is to go for the newest version.

SAS Supported Operating Systems

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation