BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DavidGQ
Obsidian | Level 7

Good Day,

I'm Trying to connect to SAS Activity-Based Management and SAS Financial Management but the application show me an error with the enviroment and the all services of SAS and Jboss are Started.

I tried open the Link of SAS enviroment in Internet Explorer and I don't recieve response.

How I can change that link of SAS enviroment for to solve this problem? 

Thanks

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @DavidGQ,

did you have the opportunty to give a look into the logs I mentioned, or any of the other actions as to validate the SAS COntent Server? 

That should give the information we require.

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards,

Juan

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
dpage
SAS Employee

Find the right correct link for sas-environment.xml. Does the SASLogon/sas-environment.xml sample work? You should be able to change the URL in the sassw.config file in the root of SASHome to update the clients lookup. 

I've seen issues with clients when that URL doesn't load because it's moved, or it is protected by an authentication requirement, a bad SSL certificate, or behind a proxy when no proxy arguments have been set for the client. 

DavidGQ
Obsidian | Level 7

I can't open the Url of Enviroment.xml and this link is correct but I don't open in the browser. My url is:

http://SASABM72:8080/SASLogon/sas-environment.xml

In case when the problem is with SSL certificate, how I can resolve this?

Thanks!

dpage
SAS Employee

If you can't open it, how are you certain the link is correct? If it's a matter of a self signed certificate, it can be imported into the JRE following these directions

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/secref/69831/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n12033intelplatform... But the SAS Activity-Based Management Client isn't java based, so it won't matter - it will however fix SAS FInancial Management Studio if that was the problem. 

DavidGQ
Obsidian | Level 7

I think that link is correct because, is the same path used for SAS Documentation with my localhost in my case SASABM72, but I can't opened.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @DavidGQ,

here some things you can do:

• One, is go to your SAS management console and try to Validate the SAS Content Server. You might find erros here and the error could give you additional information. The following links also explain some general problems with certificates (certificates error are described as PKIX errors, due to the SSL handshake)
  • Also, you can check the server.log on your jBoss/WebLogic/WebSphere where the SASServerX is created. It could be that while the Windows/Linux service says that it is started, the server did not started properly. Please check for all the SASServerX you do have, specially SASServer1 (basic) and the SASServer where ABM is deployed.
  • Try to connect to ABM from an IE on the web server machine itself. 

This should be able to give us the information we requrie to know the problem.

Please let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Juan

DavidGQ
Obsidian | Level 7

Good day,

I don't have an Errors in the SAS Content Server validation, but my problem with environment already exits

Best Regards

Enviroments.jpg
dpage
SAS Employee

Does http://SASABM72:8080/SASLogon open a logon dialog? 

DavidGQ
Obsidian | Level 7

Show me this message :

The requested resource (/SASLogon) is not available. Attached the screenshot

Error SASLogon.jpg
dpage
SAS Employee
Can you get to any web applications? The ABM environments error seems to be a symptom of a larger problem.
DavidGQ
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes, I can get to any web application.

dpage
SAS Employee

Are they on a different host? When you go to a web application, it should redirect to SASLogon, does it still say sasabm72 as the hostname? 

DavidGQ
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes they are in different host.

No, when I go to a web application is a different hostname, don't redirect me to SASLogon

dpage
SAS Employee

It should if you're not logged in. That different host is where SASLogon/sas-environment.xml is hosted, not on the ABM client machine. 

DavidGQ
Obsidian | Level 7

I can't understand this, you can give me an example of web application, I must try to connect in browser on SAS ABM machine?

Thanks

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation