BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JacobSimonsen
Barite | Level 11

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble with specify the email-option in the cfg-file on a multi-user server. I would like to specify the emailid it in the cfg, and afterwars restrict users from change the option. This is because I don't want anyone to send email which looks like they are from someone else.

I guess that it will be something like this below, but it doesn't Work. Using this option causing email to be sent from "!username", and it does not replace !username with the users id.

-emailid "!USERNAME@abc.de"

2 REPLIES 2
JacobSimonsen
Barite | Level 11

Thank you, CTorres. I have now solved half of the problem. I found out how to restrict other users from changing the emailid option. The part of the cfg-file considering the email-options should be in a separate file and this should be saved in the "rstropts"-folder. This is by the way a very useful feature also to other parts of the configuation.

But still, I have not figuret out how to specify users own loginname in the emailid option. The "!username" does not work here.  It does not change !username to the user's name as it does in otherparts of the configuration-file.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation