BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sonofendor
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everybody!

I changed logging settings for SASSearchService and now need to restart it for changes to be applied. I found that it can be done with SAS Environment Manager, however I don't have one. How can I do it via command line (Linux server)? 

Thanks for your answers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sonofendor
Fluorite | Level 6

Once again, thank you very much for your reply!

For those who will face the similar task:

1. Find "Instructions.html" (in my case: /opt/sas/sasconfig/Lev1/Documents/Instructions.html)
  2. Find the section about application you need to restart (in my case "Search Interface to SAS Content')
  3. Indentify the server it runs on from log file path (example is "/opt/sas/sasconfig/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServer12_1/SASSearchService.log" so the server is SASServer12)
  4. Go to "Configuring SAS Web Application Server Instance(s)" section, find the server you want and look for "Execution scripts"
  5. Execute command for restart (in my case: /opt/sas/sasconfig/Lev1/Web/WebAppServer/SASServer12_1/bin/tcruntime-ctl.sh restart)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
joseenrique1
SAS Employee

Hi,

The file "Instructions.html" has a list of the components of your SAS Platform. It also has the shells to stop/start services (maybe you need to stop/start a SAS web server). Depending on your architecture, is the directory where this file is saved, an example is "/sas/config/Lev1/Documents/Instructions.html" in the Metadata Server. 

Captura de pantalla 2021-04-24 125834.png

Hope this is useful.

sonofendor
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for your reply! That file seems to have information I need and much more to explore. I will provide you with the results in a couple of days when I could test the solution.

sonofendor
Fluorite | Level 6

Once again, thank you very much for your reply!

For those who will face the similar task:

1. Find "Instructions.html" (in my case: /opt/sas/sasconfig/Lev1/Documents/Instructions.html)
  2. Find the section about application you need to restart (in my case "Search Interface to SAS Content')
  3. Indentify the server it runs on from log file path (example is "/opt/sas/sasconfig/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServer12_1/SASSearchService.log" so the server is SASServer12)
  4. Go to "Configuring SAS Web Application Server Instance(s)" section, find the server you want and look for "Execution scripts"
  5. Execute command for restart (in my case: /opt/sas/sasconfig/Lev1/Web/WebAppServer/SASServer12_1/bin/tcruntime-ctl.sh restart)

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 in conversation