BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jeanne2
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

There are some default options to open/execute SAS programs when I right-click a program on Windows Explorer on a Microsoft Server 2012. One of the options is "SAS Batch Submit". I used to program on UltraEdit and so I switched the file association with UltraEdit. However, I now did not know how to switch back to the default file associations. The "SAS Batch Submit" is no longer available. Does anyone know how to reset it? 

Best,

Jeanne

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

See if your SAS task bar or what ever you call that stupid Windows programs side bar list has something called, or similar to, SAS Deployment Manager.

If so open that program, look under Admin Tasks and Manage SAS File types. That should give you a menu to change associations.

Jeanne2
Calcite | Level 5
Hi ballardw,

Thank you very much for your help. In the meanwhile, support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings13/115-2013.pdf helped me to remove my user choice without asking the IT to run the Deployment Manager for me. I now can get back to the default menu options. I feel so lucky!

Have a great day!
Jeanne
mkeintz
PROC Star

There are two commands useful here: ASSOC and FTYPE.  In a command line window on my machine, if I type

assoc .sas

it reports

.sas=SAS.Program.701

telling me that the .sas extension is associated with file type SAS.Program.701.  Yours probably reports something about ultraedit.

If I then type

ftype SAS.Program.701

it report this command string:

SAS.Program.701="C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\core\sasexe\sasoact.exe" action=Open datatype=SASFile filename="%1" progid=SAS.Application.940 

Hopefully you still have an ftype of SAS.Program.701, probably tied to similar command string.

If so you merely need to enter this ASSOC command:

assoc .sas=SAS.Program.701

On my machine, I had to run the command session as an administrator, and I suspect you might have to as well

--------------------------
The hash OUTPUT method will overwrite a SAS data set, but not append. That can be costly. Consider voting for Add a HASH object method which would append a hash object to an existing SAS data set

Would enabling PROC SORT to simultaneously output multiple datasets be useful? Then vote for
Allow PROC SORT to output multiple datasets

--------------------------

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation