BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gra_in_aus
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I need to get user statistics from SAS Grid (either by using SAS Grid Manager or CLI) that shows which individual SAS user is running x amount of processes during a specific time period and how much CPU they might be using.  I would also be nice to have information of how much data they are creating on the storage tier of the platform, e.g. 100 gb of data.

Any help would be great...

Thanks in advance...

G

2 REPLIES 2
MargaretC
SAS Employee

From another Communities post:

For monitoring Jobs, while you have the SAS Job Monitor in SAS EVM, I would rather consider IBM RTM (if you have Grid), the Process Manager's Flow Manager tool or, even much better, a 3rd party tool. I am having great experiences with Enterprise Session Monitor (ESM) made by Boemska

Please note that SAS has acquired Boemska since the above post, so you can contact your SAS account team for more details on what ESM can do.   Or you can review their website Boemska ESM (boemskats.com) 

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
The SAS Environment Manager Service Architecture has reports on usage of the SAS environment at the user level. This would not be limited to grid jobs. It does need to be enabled an initialized before it starts capturing this information.

Understanding the SAS Environment Manager Service Architecture
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/evcdc/2.5_M1/evug/p0md48tpfq4yy7n1xxqn0re5v30l.htm
Finding the Reports You Need
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/evcdc/2.5_M1/evug/n12v4rjg74mgrhn19m2gg64rerxq.htm
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation